We are a reseller and engineering services company that helps businesses develop and deploy mobile and embedded technology solutions. Our superior software engineering and support services, application-appropriate hardware, and innovative software are always client-focused.
We combine our deep knowledge of embedded hardware, Android™ and Linux® architecture, and software design to deliver customized solutions which directly meet each client’s needs. We have extensive experience with enterprise and industrial products and technologies such as rugged mobile computers (handheld and tablet), barcode scanning, RFID, GPS, wireless communication, sensors, and cloud computing.
At SDG Systems, we are shaped by our strong company values, which are displayed in our daily operations and interactions. We try to live by Soli Deo Gloria: our desire is to serve others in a way that will bring glory to God. We believe in:
- Integrity. Be honest. Use good judgment, doing right by the customer and team member. Build and keep trust.
- Excellence. Thoughtful diligence produces excellence. Strive to do everything well.
- Personal Accountability. Display an "I am responsible" attitude.
- Personal Growth. Learn. Enjoy life. Be positive and encouraging.
- Service. Serve others with humility and patience, both customers and team members.
- Value. Provide value to the people you serve. Strive to meet a need.
SDG Systems was founded in 2001 as a part-time entity by Todd and Aric Blumer, beginning with developer support and device drivers for the Sharp Zaurus. In December 2004, Todd started full time, porting Linux to the Trimble Recon and iPaq HX4700. We became a VAR partner of Trimble in 2006. Since then, we have grown to 10 people, have served thousands of customers, and currently have an annual turnover of 7-figures. SDG Systems is a privately held company located in Harmony, Pennsylvania, near Pittsburgh.
We partner primarily with solution providers in government, military, transportation, logistics, retail, hospitality, industrial, GIS, and other industries. We provide value in operating system customizations, device drivers, software support and services. Our customers include some of our vendors, as we provide Android (AOSP) implementations on Trimble, Bluebird (Pidion), and Juniper Systems' products. Other customers include solution providers like Lockheed Martin, Thales Engineering, BrainScope, HP Federal Service, Cassens Transport, Chiral Software and more. Our end customers deploy our rugged devices in a variety of markets.
We have always strived to be a different type of rugged mobile solutions provider. We are innovative, personal and responsive. When you work with SDG Systems, you will find these differences:
- We have more engineers than sales people. When you have a technical problem, we will be able to help you.
- We have been a leader in rugged Android (AOSP) devices since 2009 and mobile Linux since 2001. When you are deploying new technology, experience matters.
- We provide fair pricing. Our products are discounted from list price.
- We were rated by Open Ratings to have a PPE (Past Performance Evaluation) score of 96, which is a top 20% PPE score.
- We have ported Android to several platforms and developed Android apps. We know Android from the PCB to the application level.
Why Choose SDG Systems?
- Knowledgeable sales staff
- Dedicated engineering and support team
- Online store for convenient ordering
- Many products stocked for quick delivery
- GSA Schedule for government purchases
- Reseller support and pricing
- Over 1300 customers served since 2001, including many repeat customers
- Deployments in government and commercial sectors worldwide
- Leader in rugged Android (AOSP) devices
- Intimate knowledge of Linux-based operating systems, like Android (AOSP)
- Customized software and operating system options
- Multiple operating systems to best suit desired application
- Full product assortment with many device configurations
Our Executive Staff
Todd Blumer serves as SDG Systems' President and Chief Executive Officer. Todd is an IT industry veteran with over 20 years' experience. He has significant industry experience in both engineering and marketing at companies like FORE Systems, Marconi and Data General. Todd holds a Master's degree in Computer Science from Clemson University.
Renee Goodman, our Office Manager, keeps everything running smoothly in our finance and operations. Renee holds a BS in Finance from Liberty University. She has previously held positions in finance in other firms in the greater Pittsburgh region.
Philip Knight is Director of Technology and Strategy. Philip's background includes senior market intelligence and product management positions at IBM and JPMorgan Chase and over decade as a senior software engineer developing commercial operating system, systems management and storage products.
Ben Friedberg, our Director of Professional Services, has been working as a software development consultant and project manager for over 10 years. Ben's passion is finding out about his customers and their needs so that he can match them up with the best possible solution.
We also have a staff of 6 engineers with average experience of 18 years.
If you are looking for a partner with Android, Yocto, embedded or mobile Linux development expertise, please contact us.
To the only God, our Savior, through Jesus Christ our Lord, be glory, majesty, dominion, and authority, before all time and now and forever. Amen. (Jude 1:25, ESV)