SDG Systems, LLC (SDG) delivers innovative solutions on rugged hardware platforms. We are a world-wide, value-added distributor and reseller of rugged computing products, and a provider of technical support, software customizations, and complete solutions. SDG Systems is a leader in the implementation of Google Android (AOSP) solutions on rugged devices and has been developing and supporting Linux system software since 2001. SDG Systems partners with industry-leading companies like Trimble, Juniper Systems, Bluebird, Ricoh and others to develop and deploy these products. Our primary expertise is in Linux-based embedded devices. Founded in 2001, SDG Systems is a privately held company located in Harmony, Pennsylvania, near Pittsburgh.
We primarily partner with solution providers in government, military, transportation, GIS and other industries. We provide value in operating system customizations, device drivers, software support and services, including repairs. Our customers include some of our vendors, as we provide Android (AOSP) implementations on Trimble, Bluebird (Pidion), and Juniper Systems' products. Other customers include solution providers like Lockheed Martin, Thales Engineering, BrainScope, HP Federal Service, Cassens Transport, Chiral Software and more. Our end customers deploy our rugged devices in a variety of markets.
SDG Systems has always strived to be a different type of rugged mobile solutions provider. We are innovative, personal and responsive. When you work with SDG Systems, you will find these differences:
- SDG has more engineers than sales people. When you have a technical problem, we will be able to help you.
- SDG has been a leader in rugged Android (AOSP) devices since 2009 and mobile Linux since 2001. When you are deploying new technology, experience matters.
- SDG provides fair pricing. Our products are discounted from list price.
- SDG Systems was rated by Open Ratings in 2010 to have a PPE (Past Performance Evaluation) score of 96, which is a top 20% PPE score.
- SDG has ported Android (AOSP) to several platforms. We know Android intimately.
SDG delivers innovative operating systems on rugged hardware platforms. We are a world-wide value-added distributor and reseller of rugged computing products. We provide top-noch technical support, software customizations, and complete solutions.
Our technology is leading-edge. Our values are old-fashioned: honesty, integrity, diligence and personal interaction. Please contact us to discuss your needs. We will provide you with excellent service and support and are capable of providing you custom solutions, even a full Android implementation on your own hardware.
Why Choose SDG Systems?
- Knowledgeable sales staff
- Dedicated engineering and support team
- Online store for convenient ordering
- Many products stocked for quick delivery
- GSA Schedule for government purchases
- Reseller support and pricing
- Over 1300 customers served since 2001, including many repeat customers
- Deployments in government and commercial sectors worldwide
- Leader in rugged Android (AOSP) devices
- Intimate knowledge of Linux-based operating systems, like Android (AOSP)
- Customized software and operating system options
- Multiple operating systems to best suit desired application
- Full product assortment with many device configurations
SDG Systems is a privately held company located in Harmony, Pennsylvania, near Pittsburgh. SDG Systems was founded in December of 2001 by Todd Blumer and Aric Blumer. A part-time venture until 2004, SDG Systems has grown organically through the years and now employs 10 full-time staff members and a few part-time members.
Todd Blumer serves as SDG Systems' President and Chief Executive Officer. Todd is an IT industry veteran with over 20 years' experience. He has significant industry experience in both engineering and marketing at companies like FORE Systems, Marconi and Data General. Todd holds a Master's degree in Computer Science from Clemson University.
Aric Blumer, Ph.D., is Chief Technology Officer and a principal member of SDG Systems. Aric holds a Ph.D. in Computer Engineering from Virginia Tech, a Master's degree in Computer Engineering from Clemson University, and has more than 18 years of industry experience at companies like FORE Systems and Marconi.
Renee Goodman, our Office Manager, keeps everything running smoothly in our finance and operations. Renee holds a BS in Finance from Liberty University. She has previously held positions in finance in other firms in the greater Pittsburgh region.
Philip Knight is Director of Technology and Strategy. Philip's background includes senior market intelligence and product management positions at IBM and JPMorgan Chase and over decade as a senior software engineer developing commercial operating system, systems management and storage products.
Keith Reagan, Director of Sales and Operations, comes to SDG Systems from Accenture, where he managed and consulted on supply side management and distribution. Keith holds a BS in Business from Grove City College in Pennsylvania. Keith manages SDG's operations and inside sales.
If you are looking for a partner with Android, Yocto, embedded or mobile Linux development expertise, please contact us.
Soli Deo Gloria - "To God Alone Be Glory"
To God our Savior, who alone is wise, be glory and majesty, dominion and power, both now and forever. Amen. (Jude 1:25, NKJV)