Recon end-of-life has been announced. Learn more.
The Trimble Recon 400X rugged handheld computer delivers maximum performance and reliability in a lightweight, extremely rugged design that's easy to carry. The waterproof Recon weighs just 17 ounces and works wherever and whenever you need it. The Recon is available with Windows Mobile or Linux software.
The Linux-based Trimble Recon combines the rugged durability of tried and proven Recon (TDS web site) with the flexibility, extensive features and reliability of the Linux operating system. The Recon has a large-capacity battery, easy to read color screen, and is impervious to water and dust (IP67 rating). This rugged device meets military (MIL-STD-810F) standards for drops, vibration and temperature extremes.
Recon WM6 Brochure (PDF download).
Recon Linux Brochure (PDF download).
Other key features include:
- Choice of operating systems: Linux 2.6.20 and Qtopia 2.2 (GPE and Qt Extended 4 options available) or Windows Mobile 6
- Option of integrated 802.11 a/b/g and Bluetooth communication.
- High performance 400 MHz XScale® processor with 64 MB RAM.
- Generous 128 MB or 256 MB of nonvolatile Flash storage.
- Expandable through the use of 2 CompactFlash® slots, supporting communications, barcode, GPS and storage options.
- Huge 4,000 mAh of power through the rechargeable NiMH battery.
- Barcode Scanning Supported
- Available in OD Green, Yellow and Light Gray.
- 400 MHz Intel PXA255 XScale Processor
- 64 MB high-speed SDRAM
- 256 MB nonvolatile Flash storage
- Sunlight-readable color TFT display
- Rugged waterproof design
- Optional 802.11 a/b/g and Bluetooth communication
- International AC Power Adapter
- USB Cable
- Stylus (Package of 2)
- Screen Protectors (Package of 2)
- Recon Hand Strap
- Carry Case
- Deluxe Case with belt clip and neck strap
- Stylus lanyard
- Serial interface cable
- 12V DC vehicle charging cable
- Extended CF-Cap
- Barcode Scanner
- Barcode CF-Cap
- Dimensions: 6.5" x 3.75" x 1.75" (16.5 x 9.5 x 4.5 cm)
- Weight: 17 oz. (490g) including rechargeable PowerBoot
- Operating Temperature: -30 to 60°C (-22 to 140°F)
- Storage Temperature: -40 to 70°C (-40 to 158°F)
- Humidity: MIL-STD-810F, Method 507.4
- Sand & Dust: IP67, MIL-STD-810F, Method 510.4, Procedures I and II
- Water: IP67, sealed against accidental immersion (1m for 30 minutes); MIL-STD-810F, Method 512.4, Procedure I
- Drop: MIL-STD-810F, Method 516.5 Procedure IV; 26 drops from 4 ft (1.22m) onto plywood over concrete; 6 additional drops at -20°C; 6 additional drops at 60°C
- Vibration: MIL-STD-810F, Method 514.5, Procedure I, Figures 17 and 18
- Altitude: MIL-STD-810F, Method 500.4, Procedures I, II and III; 15,000 ft at 23°C
- CPU: Intel PXA255 XScale CPU: 400 MHz
- Memory: 64 MB high-speed SDRAM
- Storage: Onboard nonvolatile NAND flash: 256 MB
- Expansion: 1x Type I and 1x Type II CompactFlash® slots
- Display: 240x320 pixel (QVGA) color TFT with LED front light
- Battery: 4000 mAh NiMH rechargeable pack
- Ports: Standard 9-pin male D-shell RS-232 serial and USB Client port